Doula Mentoring Service
AN INTENSIVE IN COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH REHABILITATION SERVICE
Doula Mentoring Service
As part of our intensive in community mental health rehabilitation service, we have developed a mentorship program for pregnant and postpartum teens. The Doula Mentoring Service addresses the issues that the teen mother will need to assist her in becoming a healthy and proactive parent.
The Doula Mentoring Service compiles information and objective viewpoints that will aid her as she approaches the finality of her pregnancy. The Doula Mentoring Service accomplishes this by keeping communication strong, focused on the core value of pregnancy, and teaching the teen mom to become more sensitive to the life that is evolving inside of her womb.
This will allow her to connect to the most genuine side of motherhood.
The Doulas Role
A doula is not a medical practitioner, nor do they give medical advice. We stay by the side of the laboring teen throughout her labor. We are trained in massage, breathing, and numerous techniques to help cope with pregnancy, labor, and postpartum care. By using many types of modalities, we work with moms and their partners to maintain focus, prepare for and carry out birth plans. These are the things that are sacred to females of all ages that desire to be mothers and will be carried with them throughout their life span.
- REDUCE THE NUMBER OF REPEATED TEEN PREGNANCIES
- REDUCE THE NUMBER OF PREMATURE BIRTHS
- REDUCE THE NUMBER OF LOW BIRTH WEIGHTS AND DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES IN NEWBORNS
- INCREASE EARLY PRENATAL CARE AND INTERVENTION
Project Restoration Doula Mentoring Services is a component of Moving On Life Center, Inc. These services are being provided to the teens that are currently on Medicaid or who are Medicaid eligible.
We provide services to : Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Union, and Passaic counties. CSA, YCM, CMRSS, and CMO's. Please contact William Carlos Jr., LPC.
Office: 201.837.8590 / Fascimile: 201.837.8593 or email all referrals to: [email protected]
Community referrals can be made by contacting the CSA: 1.877.652.7624. Please include a recent authorization number and period, units of service, intended goal and outcome, contact information for teen and referral source. If criteria for an Intensive In Community Service is met, you may request Moving On Life Center Inc., as your provider.
Moving On Life Center, Inc is a registered Medicaid Rehab provider.
Intensive In Community Services: ID# 0162264
· An initial consultation
· Guidance in preparing and reviewing a birth plan as it pertains to teen mom
· Prenatal support and exercise
· Availability to answer questions about teen pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and nutrition
· On-call status around your expected delivery date
· Attendance at the birth with continuous support
· Immediate postpartum support
· Assistance with breast feeding
· Follow-up visits as determined by treatment team
Doulas believe in supporting mothers
in their choices for childbirth.